6 TIPS TO GET RID FROM NECK PAIN
We all have experienced neck pain at some point or the other. In today’s scenario, it is commonly found in people around us compared to 10 years back. The major culprit is our lifestyle, long driving hours, poor postures and thanks to all the gadgets around us which pushes/encourages us to be constantly on screen - be it a computer, laptop, mobile phones, television, tablets, kindle. etc. It is so imbibed in our day to day routine that it is very difficult to change all these, but we can surely do something to avoid it and to get rid of minor neck pain.
Below are tips suggested by best physiotherapist which can help to take care of your neck.
- Do not stay in one position for too long – Taking break from your long postures. If you are sitting for a long time then take break and move around. Or if you are standing for too long, sit for a couple of minutes.Changing positions will help your neck to avoid getting stuck in unhealthy position
- Make some ergonomic adjustments–Position gadgets like television, computer, laptop to your eye level while watching or working on it. Doing this will reduce the pressure on your neck and will help in attaining a better posture.
- Exercise your neck – Daily stretching your neck side-ways and up-down motions will help in keeping the neck joint in proper functioning. Avoid jerking your neck.
- Take care of your sleep – You should sleep on a firm mattress with no pillow or special neck pillow. Avoid too many pillows which stifle the motion of your neck.
- Ice and Heat therapy – Apply ice and heat pads on painful area, which are easily available at home or at nearby stores. First apply ice pads for a couple of days and then heat pads.
- Pain Reliver medicine – For immediate relief, you can take pain reliefs which are available over the counter.
It is always advised to visit a physiotherapist near you but these small remediescan be applied. But if the pain doesn’t stop or if there are any other symptoms along with the neck pain, you should immediately consult physiotherapist or physiotherapist clinic around you.
If you have any queries or issues related to your physical injuries like arthritis, frozen shoulder, golfer elbow, neck pain, back pain etc. You can visit Felix hospital and meet the best physiotherapist panel near you.